Saturday 19 April 2008

Turkey – The country where the East meets the West

”Right in between Europe and Asia lays Turkey, a country rich with nature and exciting sights. Which can offer the longest coast and maybe the cleanest waters. A country filled with lovely fragrances and mysterious scents. Which is generous with the sun, 300 days in the year. Welcome to the open embrace, welcome to Turkey.”

After more than 12 years as a tour guide, resident and travelling around Turkey, I have many experiences and a lot of information about this fascinating country.
What a shame to just sit here and keep this knowledge inside my own head, I thought, so why not make a Blog and share it with others who are looking for travel information about Turkey.
In this Blog I will share my experiences, favourite places, destinations, restaurants, bars, sights and the fantastic history of this country with you. And if you readers have tips or recommendations regarding travel in Turkey, you are welcome to post them as comments in my Blog.
I will start this Blog with information regarding Istanbul, since it is the best time of year for a trip to Istanbul right now! The temperature in Istanbul in the spring and in the autumn is very pleasant.

No comments: